Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Weight loss/Fitness for me

So yes, I have been working on increasing my fitness level and activity, from none, to something.

I am working on what I eat and making better choices, but not cutting out everything bad out entirely. I have to eat some treats here and there so I don't give up and forget the eating habits I am trying to do. I've been there too many times before.

I am not following any particular diets or exercise plans.I have two lower back disc hernias that keep me from doing many exercise programs that involve a lot of fast moving and twisting. I walk, but I cannot run as I do not have the strength or endurance.

The things I do are to work out for at least 30 minutes every other day if possible. I currently use 3 lb weights for my arm strengthening and work on squats and other leg activities. I do some ab work, resting between each set to evaluate how my back is holding up and because I don't have the full strength. I  do my push-ups on my knees.

Each person has to find something that works for them. I started small and added a bit each day I tried to see where my limits are. Now I am staying with my limits until I feel strong enough to go further.

Walking has helped a lot with my back and overall strength. I am now able to complete a 3.5 mile walk within an hour and can do this almost every day. I would like to do this everyday eventually too, but I try to get a walk in when I can. I live in FL and its been rainy a lot, which means if I get home with time I can grab a quick 1 mile walk before the rain, which helps get me started for my 30 minute workout too.

I do weigh myself weekly, but I focus more on how my clothes have been fitting. When I start to see something less tight in certain areas, or something looser in areas, I can tell that there is some progress and that is what motivates me the most.

I wish everyone the best. Whether you are working on weight-loss or fitness. Good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment