Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Happy Birthday to me!!

Happy Birthday!!! I am 30 years old today and other then one crazy mood yesterday, I took this birthday with grace and a few tears. haha.

Seriously though, I was excited about this birthday and did not plan anything big or crazy because that is not me. I wanted to have family and friends over for a get together or everyone go out to dinner, but my birthday is on a Tuesday and with is being so close after the 1st of the month, I understand financial constraints.

I only had one goal to meet before my birthday and I am proud to say that I have done it. I started a weight loss journey, there is no other way to say that...I tried. I am working on lowering my intake of food and calories and adding in exercises as often as I can. Because of my bad back, I am unable to exercise everyday, so this restricts me in a lot of ways.

My goal was to lose 10lbs before my 30th birthday and I made it, barely, but I did!! Now I did good all day today, but splurged with cheesecake for dessert, and it was well worth it!! I know that overall is what matters and I have to have a few things here and there or I will revert back to all of the bad eating habits at once.

Exercising, even just the walks, have helped with my energy, stamina, motion and back pain. I have felt better then I have in many years. The doctor did tell me all I had to do was some exercise to help, but I was always in too much pain and depression to really start doing it.

Recently something pushed me over the edge and I finally started to change things. I started out small with a walk here and there and was able to move quickly into longer walks and can do 3-3.5 miles each walk now, depending on how many days I go a week. It has been hard to work out during the rainy days, not only am I not able to walk outside (No gym membership, no personal treadmill), but the rain causes the pain in my back to become worse due to the bone issues and arthritis. But I have been working on getting back into my walks around the rainy days.

I thought it would never be possible. I have started and given up so many times and have gained and lost so often that I had given up hope. I was at a steady weight for over a year and not happy. I hated taking pictures of myself, except my face up and certain angles only.

Even though I have not lost much, I FEEL the difference in my clothes and my body. I am less tired and more active even when I do not work out that day. I am not the discouraged and down person anymore. I am strong, encouraged and willing to continue with this until I am healthy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment