Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Day 5 - Picture of You and Sibling/Pet

So I know I missed a few days due to helping my sister move from FL to RI (see previous blog entry) and I know this means I failed the picture challenge, but I will still continue and start from where I left off.

Day 5 - Picture of your and your sibling(s) or pet(s). I am going to post pictures of my pets.

My boyfriend and I have 1 dog and 2 cats. We adopted the cats from a shelter for my birthday in 2011 and they have two completely different personalities, as all cat lovers will understand and they look nothing alike. Pickles is the black and white one, she is clingy and loves to meow and purr all the time. She is average weight and loves her belly being rubbed and scratched, we always have 'belly time' with her. Philly had gray, long hair that is soft to the touch and he only comes to sit with you when he wants to. His tail is fluffy and we call him 'fan tail' and I have been known to obsess at times over how much I love his fuzzy tail. Where Pickles is average in weight, my boyfriend calls her chunky due to Philly who is the fuzzy, stronger cat, but does not have much weight on him, but the vet states is normal and he is just a thin kitty. I wanted him to be fat and fuzzy when I first got him, but.... lol

I have always been a cat person, they come to you when they want to mostly, but I have always had their love and affection when I was upset and needed comfort the most. Even though I have to deal with litter, they are less maintenance then our dog its.


Our dog is very extreme! His name is Odin and he is strong, energetic and pretty much crazy. We got him as a puppy from Craigslist April 2012 and he was barely 9 lbs, quiet and calm and slept most of the time. After we brought him home we got him established with our vet and he was a little sick, once the antibiotics were done this dog was running all over the place and eating everything! He has torn up our couch, many pairs of my shoes and loves to eat the oven mitts too!

We take him for walks to try to help calm him more, but his is just a very energetic dog, I'm thinking about getting him a treadmill. We were told he is a mix of boxer and pitt bull and possibly something else. His back is up to my knee level and I'm only 5'4 and he weighs a solid 50lbs of muscle. I love this dog even if he is too hyper for us and he likes to eat our stuff. We have kept the house cleaner and more tidy (not that it was very messy, just lived in) and we make sure to put up all shoes, food and anything else he would crab to chew on. He thinks he is a lap dogs, but is ungraceful when sitting on you, we are always getting elbowed and our stomachs crushed, but ones he settles and relaxes in our lap, laying with him gives the calming effect that only comes from animals that we love.

Remember that animals love unconditionally, they don't know another way. If you have the ability to donate to your locate shelters or national or you adopt a pet remember this is a gift that the pet would pay back with their love and affection unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment