Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Moving sucks

I have been close with my sister for years and look to her as my best friend, she and I have had each others backs through many things both hard and extremely hard. So when she asked me to help her and her husband drive to their new home in RI I accepted immediately, I live in Jacksonville, FL and they were moving from Jacksonville to RI due to a job offer that her husband received.

We left their home Sunday 10/27 at 8 am and did pretty good on time. We made it to Alexandria, VA by 10:30pm, this is good timing because the Uhaul would not go too much over 65 mph, we were traveling with a dog and cats so we had to walk the dog and check on the cats, and each one of the three of us have health conditions that make driving for long periods very difficult. My sister and I have heredity spinal issues that only get worse over time and cause degenerative disc, arthritic, etc throughout our entire backs, starting with the lower back area and hers is much more severe then mine is.

During the trip we reminisced on our Dad and the good times and his passing. There were many tears of laughter, happiness, frustration and pure exhaustion, I would not trade this for anything. It is unfortunate that I was only able to take a little bit of time off of work and could not stay with them any longer.

We reached there home in RI, a friend of theirs helped unload the truck and we stayed up till 2am, until I passed out on their big ottoman and they kicked me off that and to the couch a few later. My flight home left at 6am so they dropped me off at 5 am and I said goodbye to my sister and brother-in-law with tears and deep hugs, not sure when they can come visit next. I wish them well with their move, settling, job and new life in RI, but I miss them so much. My sister and I are so close, this distance hurts, but I know the job will be good for them and hope that the distance does not hurt so much for her as time passes.

Personally I have never moved out of state. Moving sucks, costs too much and is just tiring from the planning, packing, lifting, unpacking, etc.

What is the longest that anyone has moved? 

I was 7 and moved from PA to FL, not sure if that counts with me being 7 because I don't remember it much and probably did not too much, if any packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment